Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sneaky Strawberry Smoothie

This morning I made my daughter a delicious strawberry smoothie that she loved. I've been trying to get her to drink them since I love how easy it is to sneak in nutritious veggies. This is what I used.



I started with Charlotte's favorite full-fat Greek yogurt from Trager Joe's. Then added frozen strawberries, ( I have found when preparing smoothies, I prefer using frozen berries versus fresh; they allow the smoothie to stay cold without having to add extra ice.) For a veggie I used kale, which I've just recently become a huge fan of. High in vitamins A and C, it's also a great source of fiber. Also added some coconut oil because it's my most favorite product in the world, honey to add a little sweetness, and the juice from a clementine orange. Blended it all up with my Cuisinart Smart stick, and handed it off to my daughter who happily sucked it down.

*I love this product because of the simplicity and lack of bulky pieces needing to be washed.



She was very excited to try it, and didn't even let me transfer it to a different glass!


And someone else was hoping to snag a fallen drop.....


Strawberry Kale Smoothie

1/2c. Greek Yogurt, preferably full-fat
6-8 frozen whole strawberries
A handful of Kale leaves, stems removed
2T. honey
1T. coconut oil
Juice from one clementine orange
Blend to your desired consistancy.







No comments:

Post a Comment